The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

The M word

Talked to my parents yesterday...the usual topics of conversation were discussed: Milan, jobs, school, church, friends, family, etc. However near the end Mom and Dad dropped the big M word, jokingly, but also in anticipation. Now I know I should be ready for this one, as this is not the first time they've 'hinted' towards it (the first being when I was a wee 19 year old and about to head off to Prague. I had been on a date with what I had assumed at the time was the boy for me -- lusting is one of my many skills -- and was on cloud nine. Mom and Dad at that point made comment about how grandchildren would be nice, but of course Wedding first).

So yes, the word has come up in the past...just not comfortable now -- they should know me by now...the more they push something, the more I run...grrr...

Anyways thats my funny story -- you laugh about it and joke about it because its parents but still -- its makes for completely awkward phone conversations.

So to counteract the awkwardness I went out and got drunk at the Boat show. Fun times. And then had takeaway pizza. Ummm.....

1 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger El Brucio said…

    At brunch today, they discussed the fact that they brought it up with the church crowd. They do it partly to tease, but also because they do want it. It's a stupid game they have. I just laugh it off, sometimes joking that I'll go out and get some girl knocked up just to see their reaction. It's so silly. They feel so wronged... but really, none of mom's siblings has a grandchild, either. Which is funnier, because we technically have the youngest family (minus Egon of course, but that hardly counts) of the bunch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home