The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

dreary saturday spent inside

Over a week of working
with flickering florrie lights
windowless walls and concrete floors

outside its sunny days and humid air
beaches, martinis and lawnchairs

excitement over my day off
dissipates as the rain falls
as the boy works far away
as the thesis piles itself up
and as the library replaces the warehouse

woe is me i declare
even though much to prepare:
two interviews on monday
a consulting gig confirmed
presentations to deliver
and cutting to my hair

its a good job i gave up my literary dreams
and subcumbed to city building
for my penning of thoughts is lacking
and i wholeheartedly admit I'm slacking...


LP

PS: Can someone please send me the following musical selections as I can't afford them in this country:
The new albums from:
Hot Hot Heat
The Kills
The White Stripes
The Gorrillaz
The chemical Brothers
The Audio Bullies
Sons and Daughters
Quarshi
Aqualung (now that it finally has its NA release three years AFTER the UK!)
and any other cds that I may not have listed but should have
Oh and any nancy sinatra and old school country -- I'm so jonsing for it right now

I'm being serious...everyone has to contribute to my musical needs -- mixed cds are accepted

Please email for my address...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home