The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Five AM Wake Up calls

It's been an exhausting week and a half. My stint at the post office working a 13 hour shift was tiring, mainly because of the hours...the work itself is piss easy but forcing your body to sort mail at 3:30 AM isn't exactly glamourous.

The Wednesday Shift (5 - 10 PM) was super easy and great fun. We got off work an hour early and there were about 10 flat screen tvs set up on the shop floor so we could watch THE footie game. For those who know nothing of the sport Liverpool kicked some serious italian ass last Wednesday, winning their fifth champions cup and one of the biggest sporting honours in the world. Needless to say Wednesday was a party.

A big street party. In which people danced on phone boothes. Where people hung from traffic lights. Where thousands of people dressed in red and white stopped traffic in the streets, sang songs and chants and drank themselves silly. I have a picture on my phone of about thirty people standing on the roof of a MOVING bus (albeit slowly) through downtown. It was crazy. It was mad. It was chaotic and I'm so happy I got to be part of it.

The next morning (after getting home at 2 AM), I awoke to catch the 6:50 AM train to the airport to pick up AMC from ND/SK. Her plane was late and it took over an hour from luggage pickup till she walked through the gates. We got back to the pool around 11:30, tip toeing around the vomit from the night before. After some sleep we got up and ate and then went to the champions parade. Once again people hung from street lights, they climbed onto balconies and some even climbed atop lime street station. Once my pics are developed I can post them -- it was soooo crazy! But I saw the cup and the team and it was good fun. Then we went out to our dance night and had fun.

On the Friday I showed AMC parts of Liverpool and my campus. Saturday was a 5 AM wake up to hop onto the 6 AM train to London. We saw some sights over the two days (Abbey Road, Sherlock holmes museum, parliament, westminster abbey, tower of london, Tower bridge, London Eye and Buckingham Palace) and we went to see Death of A Salesman with Brian Dennehey. It was good times all around.

Monday was sleep in and a trip to the Beatles experience museum. Tuesday we went on the magical Mystery Tour and for you Beatles fans: Strawberry Fields closed its doors for good that very day:( I learned quite a bit about the band and am saddened about the Stu Sutcliff story, which I had never known -- mainly because he was a hottie.

Tuesday night we had guest list to the Bravery in Manchester but we didn't get backstage or to even say hi to Mike H...which was sad but oh well. Wednesday we toodled around Salford Quays in Manchester before going to an art exhibit in Liverpool and watching the last episode of Desperate Housewives...shocking! And this morning was another 5:30 AM wake up to get AMC on the train to the airport for her 9 AM flight....so I'm tired.

Also had a job interview today for the Liverpool Football Club warehouse...about a month of work in July which should help cover my expenses but fuck me up with my thesis...oh well. Nothing else to say. Just thesis concentration during all my free time in order to compensate for the summer when I'll be working. Oh and I was invited to Barcelona next week and I can't go and I would have had a free place to stay and I'm pissy about it.

that is all. I hope 5 AM is not in my books for a few days.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear L,

    I think that all the time and money and effort you've invested into this degree is worth it simply because of all the cool new words you've learned. Fucking ace, indeed.

    Abrazos,

    D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home