The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Catch the silver sunlight in your hands

So much to say that I've decided to try not say much.

Trip up north was a lot of fun. The parents met the boy, M and haven't made any comments...I don't know if that is good or bad or if it means that they know me well enough not to ask and will pry my little brother for details on their return. Whatever the case, the meeting was a bit, um, awkward. This is because I didn't tell my parents about M before they actually met him on the platform. And only after he left did I tell them that I was actually dating him. Oh well.

I got to drive and it was a lot of fun. I must admit that there were times I curbed it as I 'forgot' about the left hand side of the car. Oh well. No damages and just a lot of fun in general. Dad drove as well, and sigh, he was better than I.

M came along for the entire trip, which made it a lot more interesting, and fun...saw a lot of very cool things: lakes and trees and stone fences and baby sheeps and hadrians wall and wordsworths home and castles and cathedrals and stone circle etc.

I also got to meet M's mom who was very nice. I wasn't up to my best 'meet the parents' performance but I think I did alright. However, I did put the brakes on the whole parents meeting the parents (this was last week)...because as LJE said, that's the sequel.

Ma and Pa leave tomorrow and life resumes its normal pace. Next week K takes off for Germany and I become engrossed in my studies.

After being leaked on the internet and heard on the radio, I made my video debut last night after desperate housewives. Unfortunately I cannot support the artistic direction I have taken, and don't think that this is the best work that I've been affiliated with.

Finally, after loving seeing them EVERYWHERE when I was 'in the north', I got my very own baby sheeps from M. I named him Oswald, Ozsy for short (yes, a 'z' and an 's' just because I can). He sits beside Pingo the penguin, Sot the Moose, and near Punky the Monkey.

I've said to much.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:50 AM, Blogger Martyn said…

    It's Pingu the Penguin. Who the hell has heard of Pingo?

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Lyla said…

    ummm...pingu isn't exactly known across the globe...but give it time and Ozsy will be.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger El Brucio said…

    Hmm... I just looked at your web address typed at the top, and realized that it also spells "The Secreting Redient". I don't know what a redient is, but whatever it is, it secretes.

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger Lyla said…

    there have been far to many comments as of late regarding me leaking or secreting...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home