The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

taxes, denmark and all that lies between

So the denmark trip has come and gone. One last mini-vacation next week (mon to wed) when i head up north to Carlisle, the Lake District and Haydrian's wall. Then its life back to normal (perhaps thats a good thing, especially on my wallet!) and back to school, etc.

Denmark trip wasn't exactly very 'touristy'. In total I'd say I spent about three hours seeing the sites...six really but what we did on saturday was completely repeated on tuesday with the parents. But I saw the little mermaid, I went to castelle (this old fortress carved out with a moat like a star, the new opera house, the royal family quarters, etc. So it was good. The cousins were super nice and have this phat flat on the pier, with views of Sweden in the distance. When I say phat, I was told that they pay about £1700 a month. Thats what I mean by phat.

Met a bunch of long lost relatives on Sunday. They really weren't lost but I hadn't been looking for them and we use different maps in life. On Monday went to an amusement park that 'real Danes' go to, not that touristy Tivoli. Whatever, it was fun.

Now I'm back in Liverpool. M just left -- he came back to the pool for the last few days...super sweet story -- he went to the airport to meet me...except that he missed me and ended up having to catch a different train back to Liverpool...laugh as you must.

Now to do taxes, book a car for the upcoming days and return to that damn change management essay -- complete rough draft must be finished by sunday, along with other school work. Should be doable but you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home