The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Whip it On

Well, last night was a blast!!!! Went to the Raveonettes (I think this was my fourth time at one of their shows) and the set was great..they played a bunch of new stuff which sounded really good. They even did a cover of My Boyfriend's Back which had everyone excited. Snagged the set list and headed to the after show party. Unlike the Dizzee show, this after-party had the band show up. I ended up talking to Menosh (sp?) for a good part of the night...he keeps in touch with Miss K, from DC but now in SF....so we talked about her, and then he asked about my friend Jason who works for Sony -- I guess they were hanging out together last week at SXSW...so that was fun.

We also discussed how it was crazy that I'd be going to Copenhagen before he did, yet he'd be in DC before I would...crazy.

When the album drops, go buy it because the stuff we heard was amazing...that should be in May (for NA, July for UK).

Then as we were heading out, the lead singer was leaving so I told him good show. He smiled and thanked me and walked off ahead. Ended up running into him on the street as he was looking for a cab...told him where he could catch one and then said, Tell Menosh that we'll tell Miss K hi...then the singer was like, you know Miss K! So do we!...she's infamous I tell you!

Another highlight of last night (as I remember from my whiskey hangover) was having a bit of a moment with Rock Star Charles. He was trying to get past k and I last night holding beers and he did this little jig dance and we imitated it back, laughing. He sooo wants to know us! I love being shallow and insane.

So off to Copenhagen later today...Yay!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home