The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Going a little political on your ass

Cheers (look at me being a Brit) to the USA Courts for deciding that those under the age of 18 should not be punished by execution for crimes they have committed. If there is any step that the 'Bush' Administration has taken (although this has little to do with his admin) that I have to appauld, this would be it. And I say this after living in DC when Lee B. Malvo was out there on his sniper spree: I truely believe that he was under the influence of his counterpart and that under the age of 18 you are more impressionable and give less thought to the consequences of your actions than you as an adult.

GO USA.

In other news: I watched almost a complete footie game yesterday (Arsenal vs. Sheffield United). Almost as in I watched the last half and then the extra time and the penalty kicks (Arsenal won on the kicks, with my new boyfriend fredric ljungberg scoring one of the goals).

3 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger El Brucio said…

    I've been watching the UEFA Cup playoffs, but they didn't show this one on our sports networks. In fact, no games have been shown all week. Ridiculous. It's amazing how boring sports networks are with no NHL and not prominently featuring something as huge as the UEFA Cup... I mean... Swedish hockey? Are you frickin' kidding me?

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger El Brucio said…

    Oh yeah, and yay for minors not being killed by the government. Next step, getting people over 18 to not be killed by the government...

    Loved Jon Stewart's joke about it... "a few years ago, the supreme court said that people who were retarded could not be executed. now 16 and 17 year olds. it's great to see that the supreme court is ensuring that our audience has the right to live."

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Lyla said…

    Hey now -- if it takes baby steps for them to come around to the rest of the civilized world, then so be it.

    At least you get swedish hockey...we get snooker and darts. No joke

     

Post a Comment

<< Home