The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Passed Away

Received news yesterday that my grandma, johanne larsen n. dam (no idea if I spelt it right, that's terrible), passed away at the age of 96. Hearing about the death of your grandmother by email and then passing the news on to your sister via text: strange world we live in.

Anyways, the whole point of this. I am saddened by her death because I know my mother is. I am saddened because grandma was almost like an institution, she was always there and always going to be (or so we thought). And I'm saddened because death is sad, even if it was expected, wanted and the best thing.

So yes, I am sad. Not crying sad...a couple tears but still. Also I won't be going to the funeral which is very odd and feels wrong. Thats all for now.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest L and K,

    After reading your entry I don't feel so bad about sending you my condolences via comment on your blog. Sigh. I just want you guys to know I'm sending you both really big hugs.
    I ran into J from O, SK, at Browsers and he told me about your grandma and your blog. So I put the two together and here it is.
    I really miss you guys and L and I talk about the good ol' days in DC quite often. Anyway, many hugs,
    D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home