The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Staring Longingly up the stairs

So I'm sitting at what we here in Liverpool call the FACT Centre. Really I'm just stealing some internet by positioning myself at the information table, not going to the bar, and the coffeeshop has long been closed. Sounds of Ladytron are drifing down the stairs, and there is quite the flutter of activity. Now here's the thing. I don't know what the activity flutter is about but I'm very intrigued. Everyone keeps coming in, staring at the coffeeshop, staring at me, and the referring to a little white card before progressing upstairs.

Now I know that it takes very little to climb a set of stairs but two things are holding me back. One, I went running yesterday (down by the docks, up some stairs, through town and back home, it was lovely. I quite enjoyed myself and intended to run again today but I never because I ran out of time), and my legs hurt. LIke ache. And the thought of climbing stiars scares me. And Two, I don't have the handy dandy white card. (It now appears that the activity may be taking place on the ground floor. I'm not sure). But I am jealous that they are part of something and I'm just the tool stealing internet because my cheap ass is too broke to purchase it.

I am jealous of these people. I might ask whats up. I just might...Grrr it's soo frustrating...frustrating enough that I blogged about it. By the way, the new Ladytron album sounds awesome. It's sweet sounds in this concrete clad building work very well together and I hope that one day I'll hear the cd again. Now if only I could tell Mr. Ladytron himself that it sounds awesome, since I see him EVERYWHERE, at FACT, shopping, at his club night...

I'm digressing. Maybel I'll ask whats up. Or maybe I'll just go purchase my Dizzee tickets.. I think I'll do that.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wallace & Gromit Up In Smoke
    Aardman Animations, the British studio where the weekend's top-grossing film, Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit , was created, suffered a fire on Oct.
    Karma Links to link you to the Light.
    Linklight is more than just a website. Linklight links us all to the Light in a huge variety of ways. Come and take a look and see for yourself. From Astrology to Zen. Psycics to Tarot. Religion to Enlightenment. Linklight has it all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home