The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh why quizmaster?

During the last few months of living in DC, I fell into a routine which I absolutely adored -- Monday Night Pub Quiz at Fado's. Each week a very random assortment of my friends collective would gather and we would attempt to win the very presitigous prize of $50 worth of beer. And each week, we failed. We always ended up in the top five, and we were always so close. But they don't give out prizes for losers, unless you were the worst team; which we never were.

Anyways so I was pretty pumped bc this networking group that I'm involved with (laugh as you must but how else does one meet anyone when you live in a city of 700,000) was sponsoring a pub quiz on Thursday. Our team was assembled and due to various complications, we put in our entry on the due date (yesterday). The Red Tape Brigade was going to dominate - our team had such high hopes...

Alas...I procrasinated too much and we have been on the reserves...which completely sucks. We were ready to do battle with the greatest thinkers in the Leeds region: City Planners! Sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home