The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Friday, July 14, 2006

And they call me Animal

I suppose I should preface this post with the fact that I am not right wing (Shock! I know). Therefore I will admit that there is more than likely bias that will slip through this post. This post is aimed at two right wing people who I am not found of.

The first is Stephen Harper, my Prime Minister. I did not vote for him, but the majority of Canadians did, and therefore, he decides whats best for me and my fellow countrymen. This affects not only us as Canadians, but all those people who have interactions with Canada...which is like, 6 billion people or so.

Anyways, ol' Stephie promised the people that he would make things better for us, and stop the over-taxation. He promised less corruption, blah blah blah. And on July 1 he delivered his taxation promise. He cut the GST by 1%.

However, on July 1, Stephie also RAISED my income tax. I've been told, oh, it's no big deal, it's only like $4.47 a paycheque. That my friends, amounts to over $107 over the course of a year. Or, to put it in more realistic terms, I've lost out on this (price $79.99 + tax = $90.38):




So not only am I paying $107 more for taxes, but I am to be consoled in that I have had my GST cut. Well, if we do some basic matH - not maths because I'm not British -- then we see I would have to spend over $447 dollars a paycheque on taxable goods (not rent, not food, not loans, not credit card repayments!) to recoupe my loss of $4.47.

Now I don't have $447 dollars a paycheque to spend on things. However, I see this as a bit of a challenge, and am willing to do my part. I will go shopping this weekend and I will see if I can regain some of that money I have had taken away from me...

Rant Number Two:

This rant is about a person stateside. And no, I'm not talking about their leader, their vice-leader or anyone like that...I'm ranting about a certain Ann Coulter, who has become an expert on being right-wing. She's like a female Gormley, except, well, worse. Her high education levels, female prowess and shocking subject matters allow her to speak on various television programs and be heard by the entirity of the USA.

What I am taking offense to today is not the content of her rants, but rather, the fact that she gets these rants published. Why am I upset? Because they are incoherent and lack any sort of focus. I direct the reader to the following article, and ask you, the loyal reader, what the point of the article is. When you have finished the article, perhaps you can comment.

Huh?

Thus far, I feel the article may be about one of the following subjects:

The Left are crazy?
The Left support terrorists?
Someone is treasonous?
Ann favours the death penalty?
Remember: Bill Clinton had sex with an intern ten years ago?
The Right like american flags?

I look forward to your comments. I also would like to be informed of how I too may make millions of dollars writing non-sensical articles for publication. I hope to use my expensive education to use such words as 'diss' to describe situations for the mass media. I hope to influence people with my opinions using my unique writing flair that is meant only to confuse and incite the public.

To you Ms. Coulture, I ask...why spend money on an education if you don't have the decency to use it? And no, this is not an attack on whatever positions you hold...

Thank you.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Lindell said…

    Ya the Harper tax switch seems like a lot of shit - just like the fake child care plan.

    Ann, she just a crazy angry bitch.

    So far I think the article is saying that she wishes the New York Times staff was murdered by McVeigh or firing squad, that the rapist Bill Clinton was never President, and that if only it was like the good ol' days when the media knew what to keep quiet, America would be safe from liberals ... or terrorists ... or their the same thing. Oh and apparently McCarthy was just a stand-up fellow protecting us from the Reds and the gays!

    She makes me want to puke. Hooray!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Martyn said…

    That is the most incohesive article I have read for a long time.

    And I know all about incohesive articles.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home