The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Blunt Signal

Today M & I headed up to see my friend and her new baby. I sat down on the sofa in her 'lounge' and all of a sudden there Tracy was, passing me her less than one month old son. I extended my arms, somewhat hesitantly (it has been years since I held an infant), reaching out to grab this child that was being passed through the air.

Just as I was to pull the child into my arms, he threw up. My legs 'spread' and puke ran down onto the floor. It was a blunt signal from an infant that perhaps motherhood isn't 'my thing'.

Later I held the baby and he attempted to hit me repeatedly in a slow motion punch movement. Then he slobbered on my jacket.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Lindell said…

    hahahaha. that's awesome!

    i was sure that for a second the next line was going to read "Just as I was to pull the child into my arms... I dropped it on the floor."

    I hope you at least rubbed it's nose in the puke. Thats how you train them things. I think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home