The Secret Ingredient is Crime

I have set this Blog up to keep in contact with my dear friend Johannes de Silentio; he is possibly the coolest person I've ever met and I never want to lose contact with him. Correction: He IS the coolest person I have ever met.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Packing it in

Apparantly I smell. Or I suck. Or Leeds sucks. Or something.

I have lived in Leeds for six months. During that time I have met approximately ten people that I end up having drinks with, etc. Of these ten, I actually only have phone numbers for about seven. Of the seven, four have decided to bugger out of Leeds. And they've all chosen this week to do so.

Sigh. This sucks. No sooner do I meet someone and think 'hey, this person is awesome' then they choose to leave.

Perhaps what sucks must about it all is that its usally ME thats doing the leaving. And I'm not leaving. I've made a firm commitment to Leeds (partially based on the difficulties on getting a new job based on visa options, then having M find a job in the same place). Don't get me wrong, Leeds is good, just not great. Which is why these people are leaving.

Ok, I'm done moaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home